Top 25 Women Leaders
Previous Honorees2017 • 2015 • 2013 • 2011 • 2009 • 2007 • 2005
Modern Healthcare’s Top 25 Women Leaders program honors female executives from all sectors of the healthcare system. These high achievers are developing policy, leading change and guiding healthcare delivery improvement across the country. The biennial program recognizes women in a variety of leadership roles, spotlighting their administrative and professional accomplishments.
Top 25 Women Leaders is sponsored by:
We accept nominations for this biennial program from all industry sectors, including hospitals, health systems, physician organizations, insurance, government, vendors and supplier organizations, and patients’ rights groups. If you know of a woman whose leadership in the healthcare industry distinguished her for this honor, please nominate her for recognition as one of the Top 25 Women Leaders for 2019. Modern Healthcare will review for eligibility based on the following criteria:
- Currently serves in role that is senior vice president or higher
- Must work at hospital, insurer, physician organization, government, research organization, vendor or supplier organization
- Has a proven track record in promoting gender equity in the C-suite, such as hiring/promoting female leaders or serving as reference for candidates for leadership positions
- Serves as a mentor to the next generation of leaders
- Demonstrated significant achievements in helping their organization exceed strategic/financial/clinical goals
Key Dates & Deadlines
- September 27, 2018 – Top 25 Women Leaders nomination portal opens for submissions
- November 22, 2018 – Deadline for Top 25 Women Leaders nominations
- December 1, 2018– Top 25 Women Leaders judging begins
- February 18, 2018 – Top 25 Women Leaders honorees published in Modern Healthcare magazine
- August 1, 2019 – Top 25 Women Leaders Gala in Chicago, IL
Modern Healthcare will also recognize 10 Women Leaders to Watch. The nomination process is the same as above but will allow for Modern Healthcare to honor additional high-achievers in the field at all stages of their careers holding managerial/executive-level positions.
Supporting documents are not required, however they are encouraged to be submitted. Up to 5 supporting documents may be uploaded to the online application. Supporting documents may consist of letters of recommendation, articles in which the nominee has been featured, etc. A current resume and head shot is required for submission.
To submit a name for consideration, there is a nomination fee of $100, which must be paid upon submission. Your candidate will be presented to our panel of judges and the top editors of Modern Healthcare for consideration, however we cannot promise that your candidate will automatically make this honor roll. Please note that honorees chosen for the 2019 list will be notified in February 2019. Multiple nominations for one individual do not influence the process in any way.
If you have any questions about the program, including the selection process, criteria or deadline, please contact Jodi Sniegocki.